hot water fan coil

kurt

Someone posted a site where one could obtain equipment & plans for putting together a forced hot air system using water from the domestic tank & cycling it through a closed loop fan coil arrangement.

Anyone got that info again? I seem to have lost the link in my overflowing bookmark catalog.....

Kurt, I haven't seen plans but those are fairly popular here. Not homemade but made by Apollo. They are very simple and use a standard Grundfos recirc pump. The A-frame coil is very similar to an A/C evaporator. I would think you could make one from an old air handler. Clean the coils out well since it is connected to your domestic hot water and just loop it to the water heater. Circulating pump and blower comes on via the thermostat. Most here use quick recovery gas water heaters.

Hey, thanx Kelly. I'm not thinking homemade; there is a company that makes a system that is ready made & sized to your particular requirements. I think they're based in Evansville, IN, but I can't find my link or other info. Someone in here posted something about a year back, & I'm trying to dig that up.