Fire damaged framing

allseason

I"m going to write it up. The damage is such that the framing is weakened in some areas. There are a lot of temporary supports made of 6x6 pressure treated posts and beams supported by the concrete floor. All the damaged areas are, or were, painted white.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20141031114350_230%20122.jpg

51.64 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20141031114726_230%20127.jpg

60.65 KB

I"m going to write it up. The damage is such that the framing is weakened in some areas. There are a lot of temporary supports made of 6x6 pressure treated posts and beams supported by the concrete floor. All the damaged areas are, or were, painted white.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20141031114350_230%20122.jpg

51.64 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20141031114726_230%20127.jpg

60.65 KB

That looks like a mess. But ignition point would be way low on my list of concerns there.

Jim, I agree. Now there is just a small 98K btu propane boiler in the far corner. No one had any history on the fire, maybe a coal fired boiler. Currently the water is shut off, the propane tank is empty and the house vacant since 2011. The owner is living in an apartment above the carriage house on the property, his wife in the distance somewhere.

At various points in history the basement was a tavern and a speakeasy as far as the local lore goes.

Walking on the floor in the first floor center hall is similar to a carnival fun house and you don't really need a railing at the stairs as the slope pushes you into the wall. The buyer loved every bit of it.