Jump to content

ID these Transformers?


Recommended Posts

Can anyone ID these transformers?

I found them installed in cabinets. There's a sticker on them that says "General Transformer Type I Enclosure"

There's also a sticker on them that says something to the effect of "Do not install where the enclosure can entrap heat"

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif IMG_2587.jpg

50.6 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif IMG_2584.jpg

42.96 KB

I'd like to have the installation instructions. The Romex was not in conduit, there were no grommets or strain relief where the Romex entered the transformer. I'd also like to know if they can be installed inside wood cabinets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These were for small lights that outlined cabinet openings and to backlight glass faced cabinet doors.

This was new construction and it did look like a DIY job. The Electrician used a 1/2" hole saw where a much smaller hole could have been used to run the Romex through the cabinet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...