Marketing directly to the Client

WILLIE

Ok, don't want to get into any agent bashing here. Does anybody want to share ideas on how to market directly to the client without having to relie on agent referals?

I went to IHINA's site but he doesn't have any thing posted that I could find.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by WILLIE

Ok, don't want to get into any agent bashing here. Does anybody want to share ideas on how to market directly to the client without having to relie on agent referals?

I went to IHINA's site but he doesn't have any thing posted that I could find.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Willie,

I have probably posted this before. Whoops, I forgot I have to change browsers to upload a file.

Dennis

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif marketingwithoutagents.pdf

12.65 KB

Assuming that you have a data base or other software that can do mail merges, here's what I do:

1. Four months after the inspection, I mail to each client a mail-merged letter on letterhead a "welcome to your new home" letter. And express hopes that they found the inspection report helpful. I enclose a "jar gripper" with myname and logo on it. These fit into a catalog 6X9" envelope within the one ounce postage limit. I also in that letter expressly ask them to pass my name along to "fiends an associates, and refer also to my URL.

2. Twice a year I send out single sided, letter folded, newsletters. These are seasonal Maintenance Tips typeletters that are 90% helpful - plus 10% advertising. They have my name, photo, logo, URL and also again ask people to refer me to friends.

I schedule these three mailings so that my clients get the three pieces within 12-16 months after the inspection.

Dennis - steal this, if you find it worthy.

I also have a web site that sells for me. If I can get people to it, they're sold. So in all my print material, and in all my outgoing phone messsages, I refer people to my site - where they can see a sample report. http://www.dlee.com

-David Lee in VA