Model # TTB042D100AO

Serial # R451XW9BF

Trane air handler

Model # TWG048A (48,000btu/4ton ???)

Serial # R273CGM1V

Peerless boiler

Model # DE04SVWPC

Serial # 326178 200049

I searched previous forums, but couldn't find what I needed. I appreciate any help.

Try eHarmony.com (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Ok, in exchange for being a wise-guy I should try to answer your question. These came from two files that I downloaded from message boards at some time in the past. I'm not sure where I got these from, so I can't give proper attribution to the authors. If anyone recognizes these, please give the author the credit.

It looks like your Trane and your Peerless is 2000.

Trane

Capacity: Trane has used a number of different methods for encoding capacity information in the model number. It is commonly found in the first three digits – sometimes and Btus, sometimes as tons.

Example: SPCC-B504-A = 5.0 ton,

Or

TWS748A = 48,000 Btu = 4 ton

Age: Through the seventies date of manufacture information is found as a number and a letter in the serial number where the number is the single digit year and the letter indicates the month.

A=Jan

B=Feb

C=Mar

Etc.

Example: 1C-xxxx = March 1971

In the early ‘80s Trane began to stamp the date of manufacture in the lower right hand corner of the data plate.

TRANE

Trane uses alpha codes in their serial numbers to determine year of manufacture. They started this in 1987 with the letter B and skipped a couple of letters during the years........ The first letter of the serial number gives the year of manufacture as follows:

In 2002 they started their serial numbers with the year it was built. In 2002 the first character of the serial number is 2, in 2003, 3 and so on.

Z=2001

R=2000

P=1999

N=1998

M=97

L=96

K=95

J=94

H=93

G=92

F=91

E=90

D=89

C=88

B=87

S=86

Y=85

X=84

W=83

U=82(seventh digit)

T=81(seventh digit)

O, A=80(seventh digit)

Peerless

Prior to 1984 there was not a date code included as part of the serial number. Starting in 1984, there was a four digit date code following the serial number that was month and year. Example – JO-12345-1084, this unit was built in October of 1984. Starting in the year 2000, same idea only it was a six digit date code following the serial number that is year and month. Example – 1234567-200105, this would have been build in May of 2001. Anything without the addition to the serial number would have been made before 1984 and would require contact with the factory.