Groups Advocate Metered Internet Services

hausdok

It's waaay outside the range of home inspections but nonetheless important to those who hang here at TIJ and on other boards, there are several groups advocating metered internet service. If these folks had their way, we could one day find ourselves paying internet charges in much the way we pay for cell phone usage. That's not a pleasant thought!

To read more about these loonies, click here.

There are shades of Enron trading at work when any power (including internet services) comes into play. Enron may be gone but the practices of shady game theory trading still exists at the top of the money pile.

"Everybody needs some power I'm told

To shield them from the darkness and the cold

Some may see a way to take control when it's bought and sold."

lyrics by John Hall

Originally posted by hausdok

It's waaay outside the range of home inspections but nonetheless important to those who hang here at TIJ and on other boards, there are several groups advocating metered internet service. If these folks had their way, we could one day find ourselves paying internet charges in much the way we pay for cell phone usage. That's not a pleasant thought!

To read more about these loonies, click here.

This subject comes up every now and then. Last time I wrote my representative Mr. John Linder and he responded to my letter and said this e mail fee was not going to happen and it was a hoax. That was about 4 years ago. Anyone concerned can fax or e mail their representative and they will give you an answer.

Paul B.

John,

I could agree with that premise if it wasn't ZD Net that was reporting it. They have some of the best information about computers and the net.

Besides, the article didn't say that it's pending - only that these particular groups advocate it and folks need to be aware of that.

OT - OF!!!

M.