Can you replace a fart fan? if so, how?

jmcerda

My dad had fart fans installed in our house and he took care of all the details when they remodeling took place...however, he just passed away 2 months ago and my fart fan in my restroom is no longer working. I wanted to know if it can be replaced, nobody seems to know the answer or doesnt want to tell me. I need it as it is the main restroom people use when they come to visit and sometimes it is UNBEARABLE to enter that restroom once someone has left it =)

If anyone can answer this question ... I would really appreciate it.

Yes, they can be replaced. If you've never worked on components that are electrically powered I would recommend hiring someone to replace it for you. A water leak will ruin your day, an electrical shock can ruin your life.

Side note: If this fan is located in a bathroom where people shower the exhaust should be run outdoors.

Originally posted by Terence McCann

Yes, they can be replaced. If you've never worked on components that are electrically powered I would recommend hiring someone to replace it for you. A water leak will ruin your day, an electrical shock can ruin your life.

Side note: If this fan is located in a bathroom where people shower the exhaust should be run outdoors.

Thank you. I have another silly question... could this problem have been caused by a leak in the roof from a recent rain storm?

Originally posted by jmcerda

my fart fan in my restroom is no longer working.

Did it just die? I've often found that the bearings go on the motor, causing the shaft to dance and the fan blades hit the side of the housing, burning the motor out. If it's just dead, it might be a moisture problem, or maybe (hopefully for you) a blown breaker/fuse.

Frank