Websites

Chris Bernhardt

Originally posted by SonOfSwamp

It's all about the content. Generic HI websites are painfully boring.

Homemade HI websites full of bad grammar, goofball "get to know me" features, off-topic stuff, links to boring sites, and most especially those bootlicking "For Realtors" zones all work against the HI, IMHO. I advise folks to pass on any HI with a "For Realtors" zone.

An HI website with interesting and original content is a wonderful thing. Such a website will create customers.

The last few years of my HI run, just about all customers found my company via our website or my weekly column.

Then came licensing. And I quit the HI biz. TN now has about as many sorry-ass HIs as Nashville has guitar pickers.

WJ

Hi,

Well, even those that are anti-realtor can be painfully ponderous to read. As this obviously homemade and extremely cluttered example shows. Very little white space, no margins, misspellings, contextual errors (insured versus ensured), etc. The font color, or maybe it's the font, actually hurts one's eyes after reading about half of one page. The report made me cringe; it's got everything - passive voice, too few line breaks, lots of useless information, color codings and explanations of the color coding that go on forever.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike