enterprise fawcett oil furnace

1st time furnace owner

Originally posted by 1st time furnace owner

I am purchasing a home and it has an enterprise fawcett M101R furnace in it. Serial number is OFYI 19565. Does anyone know how I can find out the year of this furnace? It has a Riello 40 F3 burner on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Best way to get the correct answer is to call the manufacturer and give them the SN.

WJid="blue">

Hi,

I just called Enterprise Fawcett to ask. They'll look up the number and will be emailing me with some information. They told me that they might not be able to provide really accurate info. Apparently, there was a very large fire in their building at one time that destroyed a lot of their records. The lady promised to send me what she could. When I get that, I'll post it here and if she gives me information that we can use, I'll add it to the furnace decoder chart in the documents section.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Hi,

OK, thanks to Susan Cole, Customer Service Manager at Enterprise Fawcett, you have your answer - that furnace was manufactured in September of 1999. I've added the Enterprise Fawcett data to our furnace age decoder chart and replaced the copy in the library with this most current version.

Anyone that wants to download that chart can get it here.

Any additional questions should be directed to Ms. Cole at:

Susan Cole

Susan Cole

Customer Service Manager

Enterprise Fawcett

Crosley Atlantic

73 Lorne Street

Sackville, NB

E4L 4A2 Canada

506-536-1160

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Hi,

Thanks guys, but you give me too much credit; TIJ is the sum of its working parts and those parts include every one of the pros who hang out here and are willing to share their expertise and insight with the rest of us. Without those folks, this would just be another gossip forum where home inspectors would spend their time browbeating each other over inconsequential stuff about who's inspecton association is better than the others.

Here's a new update - I don't have time to add this to the chart right now but I will this evening. I just got off the phone with Nordyne. Nordyne has been in the furnace business for a long time but really didn't get into the residential end until the mid 1990's when they began manufacturing furnaces for residential and bought the exclusive rights to a bunch of well-known brand names to market their products under.

According to Nordyne's tech services folks, their date code is the fourth through sixth digit of the serial number and it's the year followed by the month; so, if you see:

L1D070104741 (An actual Westinghouse furnace serial number I had yesterday), you are seeing a furnace that was manufactured in January of 2007. This process is used to decode all of their products.

Nordyne is manufacturing and selling furnaces under the following names:

Broan (manufactured housing only)

Frigidaire

Gibson

Grandaire

Intertherm (manufactured housing only)

Kelvinator

Maytag

Medallion (manufactured housing only)

Miller (manufactured housing only)

Newtone

Philco