210-52(a) Question

snydl0ga

I understand the 6' rule around the room for receptacle spacing, but the 2' rule I have a question with.

If I have a receptacle withing 6' already, do I have to place a receptacle on a 2.5' wall anyway. I have this situation. From the bedroom door I measure past a closet door to the next receptacle and it is 5.5' from the door. But because that closet is there, it creates a small wall greater than 2'. Just because it is greater than 2' doesn't mean I have to place a receptacle there does it?

Hope this is clear....Lance

Originally posted by snydl0ga

I understand the 6' rule around the room for receptacle spacing, but the 2' rule I have a question with.

If I have a receptacle withing 6' already, do I have to place a receptacle on a 2.5' wall anyway. I have this situation. From the bedroom door I measure past a closet door to the next receptacle and it is 5.5' from the door. But because that closet is there, it creates a small wall greater than 2'. Just because it is greater than 2' doesn't mean I have to place a receptacle there does it?

Hope this is clear....Lance

Yes, wall space is defined as "unbroken along the floor line by doorways,......You need a receptacle there. You wouldn't put a cord across the doorway opening would you?