Need a Houston area inspector

Marc

I visited the home of a relative's girlfriend which was damaged by hurricane Gustav a few years ago. She didn't get started with an insurance claim until recently because she didn't realize that she was eligible. The damage started with the roof finish then grew to include interior finishes that were below it on two floors. The adjuster gave her only half the cost of a new roof as he judged it's life at more than half gone.

The issue is this: He gave the homeowner only a 'scrape and repaint' for the badly damaged wall and ceiling sheetrock. Rainwater still leaks into a food pantry and has left a hole in the ceiling finish. Mold is present in a few places. My view is that a lot of the damaged sheetrock is in dire need of replacement, not just a scrape and paint.

Adjuster has mentioned that he is open to discussion with professionals regarding the claim. It would help if this were done by someone with jurisdiction which I don't have. Can someone help? You could use a home inspection as an umbrella under which to write up the damage.

Marc