Grounding clamps to bypass the water meter

elgato

I found this today; a properly attached jumper across the water meter to allow the cold water supply to provide a path for grounding the electrical system. But, the clamps were on the brass part of the meter fixture. I have not seen this. I expect the clamps to be place on the copper water lines on either side of the water meter.Is this an acceptable installation?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201082181352_IMG_1478.jpg

49.78 KB

I found this today; a properly attached jumper across the water meter to allow the cold water supply to provide a path for grounding the electrical system. But, the clamps were on the brass part of the meter fixture. I have not seen this. I expect the clamps to be place on the copper water lines on either side of the water meter.Is this an acceptable installation?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201082181352_IMG_1478.jpg

49.78 KB

That's not what I see. I see the jumper clamps on short brass nipples that have been placed on either side of the meter. It looks as if you could remove the meter without disturbing the jumper. Looks ok to me.

- Jim Katen, Oregon