Synthetic and Hybrid Stucco Resource Guide

mgbinspect

Hey,

It's been about ten years since I went through a third-party EIFS inspector certification course, only to decide assessing the condition of EIFS clad buildings is a shot in the dark, with too much liability.

I've been asked to return to a property (for a fee) to identify an apparent hybrid stucco product. I could not find anywhere I could see a cross-section of the materials. But, I'm bound to return and try harder.

Is anyone aware of a really good up to date document (perhaps a PDF)that describes all of the synthetic and hybrid stucco products out there right now? I know there's a lot of products out there since I took the course, and there's not a whole lot of the stuff here in Richmond.

Thanks in advance for any documents that you have and can post here, even if it's simply one particular product.

Mike

Does this mean that contractors are mixing polymer based materials with Cementicious stucco?

I guess I need a refresher also.

Marc

A lot of the newer hybrid stuff seems well thought out - impressive. There's just too many variations out there to keep in your head. A field guide would be nice.