Home Inspection Career Research

ailanthus777

Nahhh. I'm one of the smart guys. I'll do it in 11.

Seriously, my wife earns a good living, otherwise I would've been forced out of this gig several years ago.

Friends have been calling for service work lately so I'm looking at buying the insurance that I need to put my trade licenses back on active status. Still enjoy doing that kinda work.

Marc

Jedidiah,

I started about 4 yeas ago on my own. I came to this forum early on and I'm glad I did. I learned more here that was helpful in surviving and being successful than anywhere else. So, you've come to the right place.

If you're good at web design and SEO, that's a big help. If you market directly to the home buyers and snub the realtor referral route(and do it right on the front page of your site), a certain percentage of the shoppers will see that difference in your message and your phone will ring.

When you phone rings and you get that first real job, get ready for the responsibility reality shock of your life. But before you even get that far, make up some mock inspections and reports and post them here for critique. Roll with the punches and keep an open mind. Even the best inspectors often dis-agree about how things should be done.