Identifying CSST

I'd like to first confirm identification of the gas line on the right side of this photo as CSST:

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011714201343_013.jpg

51.35 KB

Now assuming that the identification is correct, isn't there a part missing on the connection in this close up?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011714201540_014.jpg

34.21 KB

Thanks in advance.

Marc

This is CSST with a floor flange mechanical coupling. Brand should be legible on the yellow plastic jacket. With that info. you can cross-check with the mfr. but I don't think it would be a problem per se--just a more expensive fitting than needed. However, that coupling would allow more movement of the tubing without support so perhaps they would get nervous about it. [:-monkeyd

Now, as for the gas line lying on the attic floor connected to a flexible appliance connector, what's the larger picture?

All gas appliances (water heater, furnace, ventless fireplace, stove) that I could see had connections by non-CSST flexible connectors. The CSST was just for piping from a makeshift manifold on the attic floor to the appliance local shut off valves.

Marc