Do I tear off my old shingles?

davislucy

I live in Miami South Florida. I would like toreplace my roof. There is two layers of asphalt shingle on the house now, the roof is in really bad shape. I would like to install the new style shingles that look like slate or cedar.

Is it possible to install these over my

existing shingles?

Thanks Lucy

I live in Miami South Florida. I would like toreplace my roof. There is two layers of asphalt shingle on the house now, the roof is in really bad shape. I would like to install the new style shingles that look like slate or cedar.

Is it possible to install these over my

existing shingles?

Thanks Lucy

It's possible to do it but it's not allowed. Both previous roof cover layers will need to be torn off and a new cover installed. But you already knew that, didn't you?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

P.S.

I deleted the link you dropped along with your inquiry and have locked your profile. Please don't come back. Don't know why anyone would want to hire your roofing company if you are dishonest enough to pass yourself off as an unknowledgable homeowner in order to furtively sow links on sites like ours.