Jump to content

What is this??


Recommended Posts

I ran into this about a year ago and have not been able to ID the black plastic tubes connected to the 220 breaker wiring. Only thing I could think of was some kind of fuse link which makes no sense.

I looked up the old report and realize these are baseboard heater circuits (at least the top 2 are). Typical no breaker labels.

Would a surge protector help on one leg of the 220?

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif whatsthis.JPG

50.85 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Whatsthis2.JPG

483.99 KB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They look like resistors (though I can't think of a reason for them here) . . .

Maybe this is someones idea of permanently marking the white conductor when it's being used for line voltage? Do these conductors have the same "marking" at the other end?[:-spin]

Bob White

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...