Water alarm rings your number

John Kogel

I'm starting to think every good idea has already occurred to somebody somewhere. Most of the best ideas are already on the market, in fact, like this one.

"This system eliminates the need for costly and recurring monthly monitoring fees, the system calls you. A water detector, connected to a telephone system may be able to provide advance notice of a problem and may help reduce the damage that water can do.Set includes: 1 wireless water detector, 1 telephone dialer, batteries and all connections.Sensor detects water and sends wireless signal to telephone dialer for quick notification.Dialer stores and calls up to 5 different telephone numbers to advise of an alarm.Land telephone line (not cellular) and electricity are required for the telephone dialer.

>Wireless sensor detects water, sounds alarm and sends signal to the dialer. The dialer stores and calls 5 phone numbers up to 5 times

> Receivers of alarm calls will hear BEEP sounds (4 styles) indicating a problem

>22 Ideal sensors, sirens and 8 remote controls can be linked to the dialer

>The DIALER can store sensors in up to 4 zones and BEEPS will identify zones

> Back up battery will provide limited service during a power failure. This system may provide early notice to help prevent serious damage to your home.

> Batteries and connections included"

$160.40 Canadian

Click to Enlarge
tn_201211502934_water%20alarm.jpg

15.43?KB

I'm starting to think every good idea has already occurred to somebody somewhere. Most of the best ideas are already on the market, in fact, like this one.

"This system eliminates the need for costly and recurring monthly monitoring fees, the system calls you. A water detector, connected to a telephone system may be able to provide advance notice of a problem and may help reduce the damage that water can do.Set includes: 1 wireless water detector, 1 telephone dialer, batteries and all connections.Sensor detects water and sends wireless signal to telephone dialer for quick notification.Dialer stores and calls up to 5 different telephone numbers to advise of an alarm.Land telephone line (not cellular) and electricity are required for the telephone dialer.

>Wireless sensor detects water, sounds alarm and sends signal to the dialer. The dialer stores and calls 5 phone numbers up to 5 times

> Receivers of alarm calls will hear BEEP sounds (4 styles) indicating a problem

>22 Ideal sensors, sirens and 8 remote controls can be linked to the dialer

>The DIALER can store sensors in up to 4 zones and BEEPS will identify zones

> Back up battery will provide limited service during a power failure. This system may provide early notice to help prevent serious damage to your home.

> Batteries and connections included"

$160.40 Canadian

Click to Enlarge
tn_201211502934_water%20alarm.jpg

15.43?KB

At one time I did erosion control monitoring and inspections on construction sites. I installed a similar dialer connected to a tipping bucket that used the site trailer phone line for communication. The reason I used this approach was because the site was a long way from home.

What a disaster that thing was. Every weekend it would call every 30 minutes to tell me the site has had rain and needs an inspection. I never did figure out what caused the problem.