Jump to content

New HUD Radon Test and Mitigation Requirements

Mark P

Recommended Posts

Starting 1 June most multi-family housing units (5 or more units) being refianced or purchased with a HUD backed loan will REQUIRE Radon testing of at least 25% of ground units.

Testing has to be done by a radon professional (State Licensed or certified by AARST / NRSB)

Details can be foound at the following website.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documen ... 3-07ml.pdf

Here in IL you have to be licensed for radon and it is very well and closely regulated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...