Need advice for photo software

I am starting to do some relo inspections lately when I have time. I use Inspect Express for my regular reports but the relo company has a proprietary form they use. It's pretty basic and can be filled in quickly. That's the end of the good news. Unfortunately, it doesn't include any sort of photo managing software and they want a lot of pics. With my regular reports the photos are quickly and easily inserted into the body of the report. That can't be done with their software so I need some sort of software that allows me to take a batch of photos and quickly number them and add descriptions. Compatibility with Word would be a big plus. Frankly, these inspections don't pay what I'm used to getting and my main reason for pursuing them would be to fill in the slow times during the winter months. Considering that, I don't want to spend too much time diddling around with photos. Any recommendations?