I need 30 min on a zoom call with a commercial inspector for some questions.

obin oslon

Hello all, just dropped in here from a google search for "electrical inspector message board"

I am seeking some help, I need a typical jurisdictional inspector(city/county) for some questions I have about commercial electrical installs.

Specifically, I am building DC fast chargers for EV cars in containers and want to discuss options for how a typical inspector would look at the circuits we are building and brainstorm ideas for how we should go about putting this project together to meet or exceed code and make it easy and straight forward for each jurisdiction to inspect and approve finals on the project.

If anyone knows someone qualified for this please let me know. I am paying $90 an hour for a consult. It is "off the record" I just need informal advice from the perspective of the jurisdictional inspecting before moving into production.

it will be all 480v high amp gear. each charger max is 150kw per handle we are looking at 1500KV transform on pads feeding the gear.

Please DM me if you are qualified and interested in a zoom call or 2 to go over plans etc and see what you think is the best approach for overall design/build that will make local jurisdictional finals easy and hassle-free.

You need an electrical engineer to design the layout, switch gear, buss, etc. He'll also be familiar with code requirements and will make the design compliant as well as issue an engineering certificate to show the code inspector when he comes.

The challenge here is not the chargers, it's the control and distribution of power.

Edited by Marc

3 hours ago, obin oslon said:

Agreed Marc, however, I have options on how I approach to design/build and want to talk with an inspector who is regularly on the front lines to see what method is best for field inspections for efficiency.

Could I grab your ear for a few min this week? (assuming you are an inspector?)

Inspection methods are the prerogative of the inspector.

I work as home inspector, commercial inspector, licensed electrician, AC/heat technician among other things. I've a degree in electrical engineering but not registered in my state as such.

What I've given you is all I can give, unless you've more questions appropriate to the boundaries of this message board.

I cannot call you...haven't called anyone in 54 years. My phone's broke.