Trouble accessing forum topics?

Hi Paul,

It sounds like you might have deleted cookies off your computer so the program can't remember you. Did you have to sign in when you came back? If you had to sign in, it means the program isn't remembering you. It happens to me whenever I clear the cookies and temporary internet files on my computer to make it stop bogging down.

You have to have your computer set to accept cookies and you should not logout when you leave TIJ.

Our spell checker doesn't fix words - it only highlights them, so it's not much of a spell checker I'm afraid. Go to iespell.com and download a free spell check program there.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Hi Again,

I just talked to Mike B. about this. He said that it's possible there are still a few bugs occurring from when we moved our database to that SQL server. For instance, I made a post last night that didn't show up this morning. I know it was there last night, because I'd forgotten to proofread it and went back in to correct it and re-post it and it was there. This morning it's missing.

If anyone is noticing little program glitches or unexplained deletions since we've moved our database, please let us know about it so we can figure this thing out.

Thanks,

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi Paul,

It sounds like you might have deleted cookies off your computer so the program can't remember you. Did you have to sign in when you came back? If you had to sign in, it means the program isn't remembering you. It happens to me whenever I clear the cookies and temporary internet files on my computer to make it stop bogging down.

You have to have your computer set to accept cookies and you should not logout when you leave TIJ.

Our spell checker doesn't fix words - it only highlights them, so it's not much of a spell checker I'm afraid. Go to iespell.com and download a free spell check program there.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

How do I set computer to accept cookies.

When cleaning hard drive I did delete some cookies.

Thanks,

Paul B.

Doh!

Knew you'd ask that. I'm a computer moron - remember? I think you go to the tools button at the top of the browser and then choose internet options and then set your security settings to accept cookies. Use the help tab on your browser to make sure that's right before you do it.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

Doh!

Knew you'd ask that. I'm a computer moron - remember? I think you go to the tools button at the top of the browser and then choose internet options and then set your security settings to accept cookies. Use the help tab on your browser to make sure that's right before you do it.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Now if I get it fixed I need to learn to leave well enough alone. However from past experience I don't think that will happen.[:-dunce]

Paul B.