Bending radius

peterk2

I think the bending radius on the cables from the main to the branch circuits is too sharp and I am calling it out. But after thinking about it, why did the panel manufacturer set it up to have these bends? Or, is this a slapped together set up that needs replacing. This is an older house with lots of "handyman" repairs. Panel is a GE 100 amp panel with a 100 amp main. Entrance cable is copper.

Peter K

Argyle Home Inspections

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif IM000312.JPG

484.69 KB

Originally posted by peterk2

I think the bending radius on the cables from the main to the branch circuits is too sharp and I am calling it out. But after thinking about it, why did the panel manufacturer set it up to have these bends? Or, is this a slapped together set up that needs replacing. This is an older house with lots of "handyman" repairs. Panel is a GE 100 amp panel with a 100 amp main. Entrance cable is copper.

Peter K

Argyle Home Inspections

It came from the factory like that. Don't worry about it.

Remember that those are *wires* not *cables*. There's no restriction on the radius of wire bends under 600v. (Even though the panels are required to provide adequate bending space.)

- Jim Katen, Oregon