Waterproof conduit to condenser?

Renron

On an AC unit is waterproof conduit required from the service disconnect box to the condenser/compressor? I have seen many that just use BX conduit, but I don't think BX is watertight. I am new and leaning so please don't flame me for asking simple and obvious questions you know the answers to.

Thanks for the ongoing help,

Ron

(who won't use Icons on this forum) :)

Originally posted by Renron

On an AC unit is waterproof conduit required from the service disconnect box to the condenser/compressor? I have seen many that just use BX conduit, but I don't think BX is watertight. I am new and leaning so please don't flame me for asking simple and obvious questions you know the answers to.

Flame! Flame! Flame! Sorry...couldn't resist.

I believe the waterproof conduit is required, but I see that too. I usually don't write it up unless there's a complimentary problem (touching or laying on the ground, rusting, run in such a way as to guide water to the condenser or disconnect, pulled out of a fitting, very old, etc.).

I know...I'm a bad inspector.

Brian G.

Bad Inspector

Originally posted by Renron

It was damaged and I called it out.

Oh yeah, that would definitely qualify as a complimentary problem. Shoulda been on my little list too.

I know...I'm a bad inspector.

Brian G.

Bad Inspector, Wild-eyed Rogue, Livin' on the Edge, Flaunting Convention, Disregarding the Social Compact, LAUGHING IN THE NAKED FACE OF DEATH ITSELF HA-HAA-HA-HAAA-HA-HA!!!