flow test

elgato

I've been asked by a client to do a "flow test" on a property that has a spring as a domestic water supply. She said that the lender asked for a potability report and a flow test. Does anyone know what they may mean by a "flow test"? I can measure the gallons per minute from the pump, but if they want some measure of "recovery time" for the spring, I don't know how to measure that. Any ideas??

Hi Greg,

Not to be blunt, but if you have to ask what a "Flow Test" is, you do not need to be doing one.

I would try and locate a well company that does them. Ask if you can watch and then learn what is required. Recovery time is a big deal with natural springs, it can change as the outside conditions change. The well company should be familiar with the underground water sources in the area.

Cat person, I agree with Scott Patterson. You might hire a proper professional to do it for you or get the proper education before trying to do it yourself. A mechanical or hydrology engineer might be the best bet. You need emperical data.