Arco-Aire Serial Number Code

hausdok

Hi All,

Is anyone familiar with how to decode the serial number for an Arco-Aire gas furnace? If so, please post that information here.

I had one yesterday. I just checked my chart and noticed that I've never added Arco-Aire brand furnaces to it. I'd like to get that information so I can update the chart. Thanks.

Model: GD1050A012AIN

Serial: 1925138109

Manufacturer#: GDI 1050AEAIN

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi All,

Is anyone familiar with how to decode the serial number for an Arco-Aire gas furnace? If so, please post that information here.

I had one yesterday. I just checked my chart and noticed that I've never added Arco-Aire brand furnaces to it. I'd like to get that information so I can update the chart. Thanks.

Model: GD1050A012AIN

Serial: 1925138109

Manufacturer#: GDI 1050AEAIN

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I believe they're manufactured by International Comfort Products.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Are you sure that the first digit in the serial # is a number and not a letter?

My notes indicate that International Comfort Products manufactures Airquest, Arcoaire, Comfortmaker, Heil, Keeprite, Kenmore, and Tempstar. The serial number begins with a letter, the next 2 digits are the year, followed by the week.

If your serial number began with "I" instead of 1, I would guess it to be manufactured the 51st week of '92, but what do I know. I've seen more ancient coal boilers converted to oil than gas furnaces.

Hi,

Bill, you might have it. It might have been an I. It had an 1990 ANSI date on the energy consumption label. I thought, from memory, that the next ANSI date was 1993, so I'd pegged it at 14 to 17 years old. Guess I was in the ballpark.

Thanks everyone for you help. Now I can modify my chart for next time.

This place is so kewl!

OT - OF!!! [;)]

M.