Batch Photo Editing

I currently use HP Photosmart to do some photo editing prior to pasting them into the report. It has a feature called "Adaptive Lighting" that is really great for selectively altering the contrast in certain areas of a photo. If parts of a photo are very dark, it can lighten up that area selectively, not affecting the other areas.

I wonder if anyone has knowledge of any batch photo editors that have this capability. Just select a folder and do an "enhance" to all photos as necessary. It would also be great if it preserved the original photo, and just appended an "a" or "b" to the enhanced photo file name.

Jim

Every pic I take certainly doesn't need the same "retouching." I have a couple of HP cameras and I use their software sometimes. I set the adaptive lighting feature to be a default setting in the camera itself via the menu. It seems to work pretty well.

Try Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition. It's a free program. While some aspects of it are stupid, it has an "Autofix" feature that usually does a good job with contrast problems and the like, especially overexposed issues where a flash is involved against an essentially white background.

I am not using an HP camera, but are you indicating that the "adaptive lighting" can be made to occur in the camera?

I agree that not all photos have the same problems, but most often, the HP adaptive lighting capability adequately fixes most of them. If I could just have every picture go through this, and create a separate file so the original is still available, then I would significantly reduce the picture editing one at a time.

Jim