advanced plumbing inspections

John Dirks Jr

Beyond the usual visual inspections that we HI's typically do, what are some advanced plumbing inspection services?

I am hooking up with other professionals to have the capability to offer more extensive things if a client should ask. What type of things can a plumber typically do along an "inspection" approach that are beyond the scope of a normal home inspection?

Video inspection of the sewer between the house and the street

Well yield, water quality, and well equipment installation

Household water treatment systems (disinfection, softeners, filters, R/O systems, etc.)

Septic or other on-site wastewater disposal systems

Solar water heating systems

Geothermal heat pumps

Fire sprinkler systems

Lawn sprinkler & irrigation systems

Look at the things that inspectors are not required to inspect in the plumbing & general exclusion sections of the various HI SOPs . If you are qualified to do so, start inspecting them.

Originally posted by Lee Place

John,

I would add a Certified Backflow Tester (potable water), HVAC contractor & a Fire sprinkler contractor for hydrostatic testing.

I would like to know the wording I can use in the agreament with contracters doing additional testing.

I don't want to include these extra services under my contract. I want to mention them on my site to inform people and provide them a path to a reputable contractor if they are interested. The details of the extra services will be handled by that contractor.