any recommendations for E&O in Raleigh/NC?

RobFV

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by RobFV

can anyone recomend an agent/insurance carrier for E&O nsurance in the Raleigh area

I would try Business Risk Partners, Allen Insurance or Target. All have been in the home inspection E&O business for a long time. With BRP is you belong to ASHI they have a special program for their members.

I have also heard that some State Farm agents can write it as well, it all depends on the State you are in. It is also written through the corporate office and not at the agent level.

Joe Ferry who posted first also writes E&O.

Originally posted by Scottpat

can anyone recomend an agent/insurance carrier for E&O nsurance in the Raleigh area

I would try Business Risk Partners, Allen Insurance or Target. All have been in the home inspection E&O business for a long time. With BRP is you belong to ASHI they have a special program for their members.

I have also heard that some State Farm agents can write it as well, it all depends on the State you are in. It is also written through the corporate office and not at the agent level.

Get as many quotes as you can. That is always a good business strategy.

Scott, I do not write E & O. I do have a financial interest in the site I recommended, however. Perhaps, that was what you meant to convey.

By all means, however, get as many E & O quotes as you can. And if you ever have an issue that I can help you with, do not hesitate to contact me.

Joe

Originally posted by jferry

Originally posted by Scottpat

Get as many quotes as you can. That is always a good business strategy.

Scott, I do not write E & O. I do have a financial interest in the site I recommended, however. Perhaps, that was what you meant to convey.

By all means, however, get as many E & O quotes as you can. And if you ever have an issue that I can help you with, do not hesitate to contact me.

Joe

Hi Joe thanks for clearing that up.

I think the post above referring to Joseph A. Ferry, Esquire may only apply to members of NACHI. That is who I'm insured through as a member of NACI.

If you not already a member of an national organization (ASHI, NACHI, NAHI...) I would recommend that you join one before finding a policy. I saved at least five or six hundred dollars because of my NACHI membership!!!

Good Luck

Originally posted by rbaake

I think the post above referring to Joseph A. Ferry, Esquire may only apply to members of NACHI. That is who I'm insured through as a member of NACI.

If you not already a member of an national organization (ASHI, NACHI, NAHI...) I would recommend that you join one before finding a policy. I saved at least five or six hundred dollars because of my NACHI membership!!!

Good Luck

I believe that they will sell to anyone. As you said, most of the E&O provides give a discount to the various associations.