Conquest 90 furnace

bleschke

I also have a Conquest 90 furnace. I have had it about 4 years. For the last 6 weeks, I have been having trouble with the burner staying on. I have had heating technicians working on this and they are stumped. Here is what happens. The ignitor comes on, then the burner ignites, ignitor goes out, burner goes out. Ignitor comes on again, burner lights and then stays on, sometimes. Sometimes the furnace locks out and then I have to reset it by shutting the power off, back on. By talking to the technicians., they explained that if the flames sensor fails to sense a flame three times, it locks out. They also said after on hour it should reset itself which it did today, as I was home to analyse what was actually happening. They have replaced the flame sensor and put a new board it. No help. The code on the board when it is locked out, is one flash, wait a few seconds then one flash. Any insight to this problem. They are going to replace the flames sensor again, thinking they got a bad one from the supplier. I hate to have to buy a new furnace.

It's most likely a bad flame rod (sensor). It is possible to get a defective new one (hair line crack in the ceramic). Make sure they replace the wire that connects to the flame rod too.

Also, you may want to consider a new HVAC contractor too. It's easy to just keep replacing parts, at your expense, until the furnace works correctly. However there are correct ways to troubleshoot without being a parts replacer.

You won't have to replace your furnace.

I agree with the bad flame sensor, I had the same problem you are describing. Cleaned the flame rod and it works fine now. Called my furnace company who installed it and they said that it was the flame rod and every so often they need a good cleaning because dust settles on it.

Originally posted by Terence McCann

It's most likely a bad flame rod (sensor). It is possible to get a defective new one (hair line crack in the ceramic). Make sure they replace the wire that connects to the flame rod too.

Also, you may want to consider a new HVAC contractor too. It's easy to just keep replacing parts, at your expense, until the furnace works correctly. However there are correct ways to troubleshoot without being a parts replacer.

• 4 weeks later...

I Called the company and they thought it might be a ground problem. I had a new power supply ran to my furnace, a new board, a new flame sensor, and have spent over $600 and I still have the problem. What now???

Call the manufacturer and wring someone's ear off and demand they direct you to an HVAC tech who knows how to fix it. Then demand your money back from the people that told you it was fixed and didn't fix it. They'll refuse to refund it all but if you stick to your guns you'll probably get some kind of refund.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

The flame sensor is to far away from the flame. It thinks the burner did not light. Call the same people back up and have them come out with a rep. Every manufacturer has one. He will help the guy out. The furnace does not cost much over 600 itself new. Time to get a bit nasty. The dealer does not want you calling the manufacturer and complaining about him. Thats not good for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the same system, CONQUEST 90, and it stops working after 1 1/2 year from brand new!!!!!!!!!

Furnace refuses to turn on. I check the electricity, it is fine. And there is no gas leakage. The part to turn on the ignition is from HoneyWell, but it won't matter, it is from Heat Controller Inc. Bad experience, would like to report to consumer report to file a complain.