Asbestos siding damage

tnpappas

I am pretty sure this is asbestos siding. There are a few areas with minor damage. This siding is on the right and left side of the house, and vinyl siding on the front and rear. With only minimal damage would you write it up to have damaged sections sealed or have it all replaced and removed? What wording do you all use in your reports when reporting on asbestos?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009723165757_Mock%204%20005.jpg

29.82 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009723165825_Mock%204%20060.jpg

23.48 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009723165841_Mock%204%20019.jpg

22.1 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_200972316595_Mock%204%20056.jpg

32.89 KB

I think I might say this: The cement asbestos shingles on the home are damaged in several locations (list locations if you want). This product is no longer made but similar looking replacement shingles made from non asbestos containing materials can be found. Have a qualified contractor make the needed repairs.

That is about all I would say.

Originally posted by tnpappas

I am pretty sure this is asbestos siding. There are a few areas with minor damage. This siding is on the right and left side of the house, and vinyl siding on the front and rear. With only minimal damage would you write it up to have damaged sections sealed or have it all replaced and removed? What wording do you all use in your reports when reporting on asbestos?

The siding is damaged on the and or at the area of the home / house.

The siding shingles look like a type of shingle that has been known to contain asbestos. Ect. Don't commit if you're not 100% sure.

What looks like asbestos shingles have been used as the siding material on this home. Lab testing of the material is the only way to verify their content. Repairs to asbestos shingle siding should be approached with care, as any breakage of the shingles releases asbestos fibers, which are designated by the EPA as causing cancer. Shingles should not be scraped, sanded or drilled for fear of releasing fibers. Any shingles removed should be disposed in a proper manner, consistent with current EPA regulations. Some damage was found in the asbestos siding. Due to the safety issues with asbestos it is no longer available. There are other products which come close in appearance to some designs of this siding - but not all designs. This may limit your ability to replace this siding.