Got a good picture of a rollout today.

gtblum

Is that delayed ignition or rollout? Furnace is from 1995?

Hi Neal,

95 is correct. I can't give you an honest answer if a delayed ignition is the cause of the rollout but, if the guy gets an HVAC contractor like I suggested, he'll know.

For my own education, what would I see or hear that might indicate the possible cause?

For my own education, what would I see or hear that might indicate the possible cause?

When did that roll out occur, upon 1st ignition or when the main blower started?

Hi Terry,

Every time I pressed the the safety switch. That's how I timed the camera. 1st ignition. If I'm understanding what you mean.

Hi Terry,

Every time I pressed the the safety switch. That's how I timed the camera. 1st ignition. If I'm understanding what you mean.

What safety switch were you pressing?

I take it then you had blow back when the gas valve first opened. Most likely a gas pressure problem. Could be too high coming into the house too. When the gas valve opens you get a surge until the pressure regulator starts to clamp down.

When my Goodman furnace took a dump that would happen when the main blower started. Only reason I found it was the burners were short cycling during the heating cycle so I went to see what was wrong. Cracked heat-x.