Idaho adventure

In a past life I raised and trained llamas for wilderness travel and did commercial outfitting (till the knees wore out) A couple of these boys we born and trained on my ranch.... my friend Jeff took then to a new level ....thought you outdoorsmen might enjoy (btw, Jeff ain't no carpenter)...

http://www.bluemelon.com/home.seam?user ... cid=118681

Jerry

Very Kewl!

I'm surprised those critters didn't start kicking the sides out of that plane when the engines fired up. I'm also surprised that some of the local inhabitants didn't try and make a meal out of one of two of them.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Most are very laid back, rarely flip out, however our freezer was full from underachievers[^]

Years back, my dad and his buddy boated some up into Hell's canyon with the idea that they would be great pack animals.

While packing out an elk, one of them laid down and refused to get back up. They then unhooked the llama and thought they'd seen it take it's last breath.

His buddy was heart broken until a game warden called up several months later to let him know that his llama had been spotted running with a heard of elk.

I think it was about 6 months later that he retreived his llama. We have no idea how it survived the wilderness with all of the cougar and bears running around the area.

Years back, my dad and his buddy boated some up into Hell's canyon with the idea that they would be great pack animals.

While packing out an elk, one of them laid down and refused to get back up. ........

Yep, happens now and then.... they get painted as ultimate pack stock by some folks. Truth is they take a lot of work, and physical conditioning. Especially overloading/ and being in too big a hurry can be the downfall of many trips. Been there more than once....J