ouch

plummen

Click to Enlarge
tn_201043193852_ouch2.jpg

62.22 KB i found this when i was giving a customer a bid for seperating the electric service for seperate meters for each bay in a commercial building .

crazy thing is she had 3 other electricians give her bids and nobody else bothered pulling the cover off j-box above meter socket to find this! [:-bigeyes

im thinking a combination of both.if they would of just spent an extra 5 minutes routing the wires and wrapped the split bolts with rubber splicing tape instead of just electrical tape it wouldve probably never been an issue.

this was feeding a dentists office,orthodontists office and a barber shop in seperate bays above.somebody could of been hurt really bad since the wires are unfused between the meter and the disconects god knows what damage it could of done with a drill in somebodys mouth if would of blown! [:-taped]

what really pissed me off was all the disconects have stickers from an electrical contractor i worked for 20 years ago,and most of the remodeling has occured in last few years there.that kind of work never would of happened when i worked at omaha electric service,things have really changed around there! [:-weepn] [:-weepn] [:-weepn] [:-weepn] [:-weepn]

• 3 weeks later...

Click to Enlarge
tn_201043193852_ouch2.jpg

62.22 KB i found this when i was giving a customer a bid for seperating the electric service for seperate meters for each bay in a commercial building .

crazy thing is she had 3 other electricians give her bids and nobody else bothered pulling the cover off j-box above meter socket to find this! [:-bigeyes

I hope that is not a ball of duct tape and someone remembered to wrap the wire with their sweatsock first! [:P]