What the

Phillip

With all do respect Phil sir.

I have to admit that I enjoy coming to this site primarily to see what your day has brought you, the pics you post and the wonderful stories they tell. I can only hope that when I start inspecting homes, I have the same reason to go to work as you do; solving the mysteries created by utter incompetance, mishaps, greed and plain old bad luck .

Thank you and keep posting (keep that respirator handy)

Steve.

With all do respect Phil sir.

I have to admit that I enjoy coming to this site primarily to see what your day has brought you, the pics you post and the wonderful stories they tell. I can only hope that when I start inspecting homes, I have the same reason to go to work as you do; solving the mysteries created by utter incompetance, mishaps, greed and plain old bad luck .

Thank you and keep posting (keep that respirator handy)

Steve.

LOL[:-bonc01]

Steve,

Here are a few more photo that goes along with the first photos.

The water heater is in a cloths closet upstairs.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201049212917_Picture%20076.jpg

29.69 KB

The shut off for the gas line is in the wall to the left of the water heater.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201049213121_Picture%20075.jpg

23.74 KB

This is the vent on the roof. What do you see that wrong with this set up?

Click to Enlarge
tn_201049213327_Picture%20028.jpg

77.91 KB

Okay, that B vent is way to close to the gable end siding, should be higher and at least 6' away. The shut off for the fuel is located in a dangerous location for emergency shut-offs. Having the H20 installed in the clothes closet is a no no for fresh air, its going to starve and then venting will most likey come back inside. No sign of CO detector in there and that shirt needs ironing,badly.

No doubt there is more, please enlighten me, havnt touched gas since 1985 when it was new....