flat roof leak

John Dirks Jr

I'm glad you all talked me into that 32" ext ladder. I've been getting some good use of it. The following pictures are from a 3 level row home in Baltimore City.

The deteriorated roof is sagging behind the top lip of the flashing. There were water stains beneath this area at every level, all the way to the bottom floor.

Here's the major fault.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010104234915_P1080248.jpg

57.44 KB

Here's the first floor subfloor.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010104235054_P1080274.jpg

42.25 KB

Here's the lower level window frame.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010104235214_P1080309.jpg

33.47 KB

That's pretty nasty looking. What's the strap-looking thing that's pulling the anchor out?

I bought Inspecting Flat Roofing from Gerry Aubrey at the Tri-State seminar. It's excellent. I wish I'd bought all three of his DVD's. You didn't happen to pick one up, did you? I'm guessing that a pretty big percentage of the roofs you see are flat.

That's pretty nasty looking. What's the strap-looking thing that's pulling the anchor out?

I bought Inspecting Flat Roofing from Gerry Aubrey at the Tri-State seminar. It's excellent. I wish I'd bought all three of his DVD's. You didn't happen to pick one up, did you? I'm guessing that a pretty big percentage of the roofs you see are flat.

Rocon got it. It's a gutter strap. That fault is at the bottom side of the slope. All the water gets directed behind the wall there.