Tail Fins and Chrome features: Cars of Dreams

Very Kewl,

I'd love to visit that place. I have to tell you though, he might have been a mechanic, but I doubt if he was really a mechanic, if you know what I mean.

I used to be a mechanic back in the day of gear ballers. I can't think of anyone in the trade that would have been making the kind of money it would take to build that kind of collection in a hundred years let alone ten years. It wasn't exactly a trade where you were expecting to see a nice fat pension check when you retired. I don't care how good a horse trader he was, I don't see any way he could have built up that kind of collection on a mechanic's salary unless his partner is independenly wealthy.

Something tells me he had other, uh, skills.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Very Kewl,

I'd love to visit that place. I have to tell you though, he might have been a mechanic, but I doubt if he was really a mechanic, if you know what I mean.

I used to be a mechanic back in the day of gear ballers. I can't think of anyone in the trade that would have been making the kind of money it would take to build that kind of collection in a hundred years let alone ten years. It wasn't exactly a trade where you were expecting to see a nice fat pension check when you retired. I don't care how good a horse trader he was, I don't see any way he could have built up that kind of collection on a mechanic's salary unless his partner is independenly wealthy.

Something tells me he had other, uh, skills.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yea, umm, skills. Perhaps Hoffa is in the trunk of one of those cars. [:-paperba

Wow! I have to put that on my must-see list. I'm going to have to time it right, because it's only open to the public for charity events, three times a year. http://www.carsofdreams.com/

John Staluppi might have started out as a mechanic, but he apparently has smarts, ambition and drive that I could only dream of: http://www.johnstaluppi.com/

The owner of the place I inspected today is a car and motorcycle aficionado. He put up quite nice outbuilding 5 years ago. The lower level is a large garage with radiant heat in the slab. The upper level is heated with vintage cast iron radiators. It's apparently a nice place for the owner to sit with a friend in overstuffed chairs and enjoy a beverage or two while admiring his baby. I was pretty impressed with it until I saw John Staluppi's setup.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010103001825_1%20004.jpg

57.64 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010103001921_1%20040.jpg

52.65 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010103001956_1%20037.jpg

56.91 KB