Air Ducts: To clean or not to clean.

Brandon Whitmore

When I see dirt trails emanating from ceiling registers, I use boilerplate that says 'thoroughly clean or replace'.

Marc

That is not always a sign of a dirty air duct. The cool/warm surface around the duct acts like a magnet and attracts the grime in the air and it sticks around the registers. Same principle as "ghosting" that we see on walls and ceilings.

When I see dirt trails emanating from ceiling registers, I use boilerplate that says 'thoroughly clean or replace'.

Marc

That is not always a sign of a dirty air duct. The cool/warm surface around the duct acts like a magnet and attracts the grime in the air and it sticks around the registers. Same principle as "ghosting" that we see on walls and ceilings.

I was referring to dirt trails on the ceiling finish itself that emanate outward from the register perimeter. Are we on the same page?

Marc

Marc

I was referring to dirt trails on the ceiling finish itself that emanate outward from the register perimeter. Are we on the same page?

Marc

Actually it has more to do with poor housekeeping than dirty ducts.