Quick Panel Question

cbass

I inspected a house the other day that had every ground wire entering the panel "pigtailed and under a single lug on the bus bar. I wrote it up to be further evaluated by an electrician. I had never seen all the grounds under a single lug before. I guess my question is this. Do you guys write up when grounds and neutrals share a lug in the main panel? Do you guys write up when multiple grounds only or multiple neutrals share a single lug on the bus bar in a main panel? thanks

I was on an inspection this weekend, the buyer was an electrician. When I opened the panel there were 8 or 9 bundled branch circuit grounds at the same lug and 3-4 grounds spliced with a wire nut inside the panel and under the same lug. He was all over that s--t. Installed in 1976 but who cares, there's a reason that you don't do these things anymore. As far as in know it's 2 grnds per lug 1 neutral per lug and no mixing grnds and neuts. I always call out bundled grnds, g & n at same lug or multi neuts at same lug. The apparent reason for the seperate g & n is that the n can energize the g if there are connected., so I'm told.

2011 electrical code is out as this buyer also informed me, lots of new stuff.