Jump to content

Does anyone know what this is?


Recommended Posts

I recentley walked through a home and found this setup behind the furnace. I am new to the home inspection industry and would appreciate any information. The system consists of pex tubing enclosed in metal piping that goes into the basement floor. There is also a pressure gauge to the left. There does not seem to be any water feeding the system but again I am not sure what it is. Any ideas!

Click to Enlarge

41.14 KB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's called a manifold. It is designed to distribute water to several locations and looks like it may have a valve on each line. This set up can be used for radiant heating in several zones or rooms (or even snow/ice removal on outdoor walks and driveways), or it can be for water supply lines for an entire house. Some newer houses are plumbed with PEX "home runs" from each fixture to the manifold. You will have to find the source of the water and hopefully where it goes to know what it's use is. Might have to ask the current owner or their representative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...