Should PVC be wraped upon penetrating a slab?

gsozz

Yes, but this is normally done by a sleeve or a blockout for separation between pipe and concrete not just wrapping or coating the pipe. Sleeves are normally used in walls and blockouts in slabs. The separation opening is packed with many different products. It looks to me like the wrapping and or coating is an after thought when the concrete slab was being placed.

Les, Scott

CCI stands for Certified Construction Inspector and CCPM stands for Certified Construction Project Manager, which is issued by the Association of Construction Inspectors after there review and check of your qualifications.

CRI stands for Certified Residential Inspector which is issued by the State of Nevada after you have passed there test and license requirements for Real Estate Structual Inspection.

Viking Construction Services Inc. dba VCSI as register in the State of Nevada

I agree with you Scott (MS, ASHI) on all the alphabet soup, but that is the way that Government Agencies or large Corporations like to see it, when they are considering you or your company for a consulting position. I do not list all of the certifications from the ICBO (Sorry ICC) or the ACI (American Concrete Institute) that I have.