Bent bar at main lug

asihi

I have a question about an electrical panel. The bar that holds the right hand side main lug has somehow bent and pulled the lug off of the enclosure, almost to the point where it would be difficult to remove or tighten the SEC if they had to. My question is what would be the repair, if any? Can it be bent back into place? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony

Click to Enlarge
tn_20123518436_IMG_0610.jpg

55.55 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201235184332_IMG_0609.jpg

69.03 KB

I'd mention it in my report but without any recommendation unless the SEC was loose, discolored or there was some other immediate issue requiring attention in which case I'd recommend a new panel. If a new panel isn't available, I'd recommend the wholesale replacement of the panel and enclosure.

This is only from what I can discern from the photo.

Marc

I'd mention it in my report but without any recommendation unless the SEC was loose, discolored or there was some other immediate issue requiring attention in which case I'd recommend a new panel. If a new panel isn't available, I'd recommend the wholesale replacement of the panel and enclosure.

This is only from what I can discern from the photo.

I agree with Marc.

However, if this were my house, I'd just bend it back into place.