Receptacle tester showed blank?

normw

I've bumped into this problem quite often, only on some receptacles located under sink for garburator and inside kitchen cabinet for range hood. When I plug in my receptacle testers (yes, I tried a few), it showed nothing, black, as if the receptacles were not connected at all. But when I plug in the garburator or range hood, they worked just fine. It happens so often that I no longer call it out, is anyone else out there see the same thing?

I've bumped into this problem quite often, only on some receptacles located under sink for garburator and inside kitchen cabinet for range hood. When I plug in my receptacle testers (yes, I tried a few), it showed nothing, black, as if the receptacles were not connected at all. But when I plug in the garburator or range hood, they worked just fine. It happens so often that I no longer call it out, is anyone else out there see the same thing?

The power is run through the wall switch first and then to the outlet and corded appliance. Same as turning it off at the breaker. It is showed hot all the time, the appliances would run all the time.

Now did you have one of those head slap moments?