HardiPlank Installation Instructions

hausdok

Hi All,

Anyone got any HardiPlank Installation instructions for the period between 2001 and 2007 or for any periods earlier than 2001?

Trying to find out which set would have been in effect in 2006 for a report I'm working on and I'd kind of like to get as many different versions as possible and post them here to TIJ so folks could download the applicable years when necessary.

If anyone can help with any years prior to 2001 or with any printed during years 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 or 2006 I'd appreciate it.

Also looking for any instructions for the HardiPanel product for any year.

Email me directly at hausdok@msn.com.

Thanks a lot.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Many thanks to Marc, Peter Taheny and Bryan McCarty. So far, I've managed to accumulate all of the HardiPlank instructions for 99 thru 2010 with the exception of 2006 and have the 2011 and 2012 versiosn coming.

If anyone has version from pre 1999, or has a set of 2006 instructions, I'd love to add those to the batch.

Reading these, I'm reminded of that phrase "moving the goal posts".

I'm going to post these to TIJ's archives.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I don't have copies, but I seem to remember they changed the tune during the dance, from calling for a caulked gap at ends to a flashed and gapped but not caulked gap at ends.

The worst job I ever saw was one done by a first time installer in '01 who swore the vendor told him the galvanized half-inch-headed roofing nails, applied every stud on the face of the board, were manufacturer spec'd. I took him by the hand and led him to the trash pile where instructions were printed on the box. It said facenail only where needed with galvanized .22" headed siding nails.

The painter was there that day pacing back and forth and ranting.

If anyone has version from pre 1999, or has a set of 2006 instructions, I'd love to add those to the batch.

Mike

As far as I know Hardi didn't change every year but they did change a lot that's why you see different months on the installation installations.

I would use 12-05 for 2006, the next ones I have are 02-07 for plank and panel, only fourteen months apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Darren,

No, I'd been so tied up with the spring buying frenzy that it has slipped my mind. Shoot me your email address and I'll send you a copy of that one published 12-05. After I've completed this report I'll see if I can find some time to sit down and get those all uploaded to TIJ.

OT - OF!!!

M.

OK,

I just finished uploading the HardiPlank installation instructions from 1999 through 2012. Beginning with the 2008 instructions pay attention to the region you are in because these are region-specific.

You'll find them under the library menu choice "new files" or you can go to the library file directory and find them under "exterior claddings - fiber-cement."

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

You can find details for using Hardiplank in a rainscreen system in the Hardi best practices guide. Go to their website, click on siding ;materials, click on installation instructions, choose the best practices manual, choose your region specific manual and then either download it or print it out. It's over 250 pages long and you'll find rainscreen details there.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike