New Canadian drone flight rules

John Kogel

Y'all might find this interesting. The regs are stricter as the weight of the drone increases.

I don't see much difference between the rules for under 2 kg (4.4 lbs) and those for up to 25 kg (55 lbs).

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/s ... v-2265.htm

Actually now that I read the rules, these exemptions are for flights to take place no closer than 5 nautical miles from a built-up area. Hmm. That does restrict things quite a bit.

So anyone doing inspections in residential areas in Canada now needs a Special Flight Operation Certificate, which means training.

I think I'll 'stick' with my paint pole camera, and that is another pun. [:)]

I know, i saw that and thought some old Navy fart took over Transport Canada. But it makes sense now that I've Googled it.

"Look at the equator as a circle. You could divide that circle into 360 degrees. You could then divide a degree into 60 minutes. A minute of arc on the planet Earth is 1 nautical mile. This unit of measurement is used by all nations for air and sea travel."

So if you can't measure 5 nautical miles you got no business flying a drone over our heads. [:)]

A Cessna hauling bicycles, well that's ok. [:)]

Click to Enlarge
tn_201521815841_plane%20in%20air_0.jpg

20.01 KB