Trane Problems

Richardson

I have a Trane XR95 natural gas up flow furnace, 60,000BTU. In the last couple of days the primary blower starts up when the thermostat calls for heat, but shuts down after running only about 5 seconds, before the burners kick in.

I have read all of the posts and haven't seen this particular problem.

I have a Trane XR95 natural gas up flow furnace, 60,000BTU. In the last couple of days the primary blower starts up when the thermostat calls for heat, but shuts down after running only about 5 seconds, before the burners kick in.

The first thing I do when diagnosing issues with a furnace is to remove the thermostat from the equation.

Your furnace will have fault codes (flashing lights) that may point you in the right direction....

Does the igniter glow at all?

[:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

Your inducer motor comes on 1st followed by the hot surface igniter before gas valve opens.

Pull the hose from the inducer motor housing and try sucking on the end of hose to see if pressure switch is closing.

If the pressure switch is closing hook it back up and check igniter.

Be carefull pulling the igniter out,Look for a white line going across it.

Thats usually a sign its cracked,unless you can see a giant chunk missing from it.

I have read all of the posts and haven't seen this particular problem.

Try the 30 second solution. Write a check to a HVAC company.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem. Clean the temperature sensor located at the top of the burner. Oxidation prevents the senor from heating up enough before it times out.

While I see why one would think it's a temp. sensor, it isn't. It's a flame rod-- google flame rectification if curious.

The flame sensor doesnt come into play until after the burners light,It doesnt sound like the burners every light.