Special venting for island sink

I'm familiar with the return loop required on island sinks where a traditional vent is not possible. This plumber has invented something I've not seen before:

Click to Enlarge
tn_2016912235137_Photo_35.jpg

16.65 KB

Anyone know if it's kosher? It's a three incher instead of the usual 2 inch drain paired with a 1 1/2 inch loop/return.

I've written up the missing trap.

Marc

I'm familiar with the return loop required on island sinks where a traditional vent is not possible. This plumber has invented something I've not seen before:

Click to Enlarge
tn_2016912235137_Photo_35.jpg

16.65 KB

Anyone know if it's kosher? It's a three incher instead of the usual 2 inch drain paired with a 1 1/2 inch loop/return.

I've written up the missing trap.

Marc

I would say that regardless of what you find in JLC, if its not in the code its not correct. Unless of course, the local AHJ says its ok. And that does not mean it is correct.

I used an AAV to vent the kitchen sink in my island. I have not had any concerns in 2+ years. I know that some plumbers and inspectors don't like them, but they meet code and seem to work.