Is interNACHI training good?

I don't think I would waste my time getting any formal training.  Join interNACHI and do their online stuff.  Get a screw driver, flashlight, inspection app for your phone, card processing app and a couple Facebook ads.  If you do the aforementioned you will be doing us a favor and we will not have to waste our time answering your  ill conceived questions.  "This business is so easy even a cave man can do it."

Edited by Les
punctuation

42 minutes ago, Les said:

I don't think I would waste my time getting any formal training.  Join interNACHI and do their online stuff.  Get a screw driver, flashlight, inspection app for your phone, card processing app and a couple Facebook ads.  If you do the aforementioned you will be doing us a favor and we will not have to waste our time answering your  ill conceived questions.  This business is so easy even a cave man can do it. 

Thanks. There are too many training options and I just want to know which ones are legit. I will join interNACHI and do there online training. 

2 hours ago, Les said:

I don't think I would waste my time getting any formal training.  Join interNACHI and do their online stuff.  Get a screw driver, flashlight, inspection app for your phone, card processing app and a couple Facebook ads.  If you do the aforementioned you will be doing us a favor and we will not have to waste our time answering your  ill conceived questions.  This business is so easy even a cave man can do it. 

Sarcastic or no?

On 8/9/2022 at 10:18 AM, Jbrow327 said:

Sarcastic or no?

By now I know you a little, and I suspect you'll be more comfortable around interNACHI folks so, henceforth please direct any additional questions to them.

Edited by Marc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marc said:

Having gotten to know you a little, I suspect you'll be more comfortable around interNACHI folks so, henceforth please direct any additional questions you may have about the home inspection business to interNACHI.

Ok. Are they different or subpar or something?

• 4 weeks later...

I took the online classes from InterNACHI for my 90 hours of “classroom” training for Indiana licensing, but it was more out of convenience. I passed the NHIE first try with a mid 80’s score. I attribute that to my background in the trades. I’ve heard of others failing the test multiple times after taking their course. 

Do you think you would have passed it if you hadn't taken that 90 hour course?

Lots of fellas fail that test repeatedly, regardless of where they may have gotten their 90 hours. That 90 hours does not come from the EBPHI, the creators of the NHIE, it comes from state regulatory requirements.

A pre-licensing class that takes it's cue from the NHIE's preparatory manuals is going to be a lot longer than 90 hours. I don't think anyone offers one yet. Few would buy it when cheaper 90 hour courses abound.

Home inspection stands alone. Its not a subset of a larger profession. Proficiency in any other profession does not guarantee that you will excel in home inspection. For that reason, the best inspectors are self trained. It's the only way.