liability length

Hi,

I am on our local chapter politician committee. I would like some information from you if you can give it to me.

I would like to know how long is the length of the liability time of your inspections in your state? What The law it is under and how I can find it?

In my state it is a lifetime. We are looking at ways to have it changed.

Also do you have to have business licenses in each little town you do inspections in?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Phillip

Hi,

I am on our local chapter politician committee. I would like some information from you if you can give it to me.

I would like to know how long is the length of the liability time of your inspections in your state? What The law it is under and how I can find it?

In my state it is a lifetime. We are looking at ways to have it changed.

Also do you have to have business licenses in each little town you do inspections in?

Thanks for your help.

Philip am not sure of length of liability but 7 years rings bell. I have a clause in my inspection agreement for 1 year to file a suit maximum. Georgia regulations for HI web site is below. Doctors give no warranty, home builders of the crap give 1 year. I do not think they are legally obligated to even give the year. I think there is something wrong with this picture. www.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/pub/ocode

Also www.ga.gov may lead you some where helpful.

Business license in Ga. bought in one county or city covers the whole State.

Paul Burrell

Lawrenceville, Ga.

Good luck and hang tough!!!

In Florida the Statute of Limitations is three years for work performed without a contract and four years if there is an executed contract governing the work. Also in Florida state law requires a business to have an occupational license in the county and city where the physical office is located. Satellite offices are not required to have separate or additional licences.

NORM SAGE

Part of the latest amendment to the NJ Home Inspection Act:

C.45:8-76.1 Action, commencement within four years.

10. An action for an error or omission in the performance of a home inspection contract with respect to a home inspector licensed pursuant to P.L.1997, c.323 (C.45:8-61 et seq.), shall be commenced within four years of the date of the home inspection.