Finding an attorney

Noelle

I'm just getting started in the business and I'm having a really hard time finding an attorney that has any clue about home inspections. Can anyone point me in the right direction to finding a good attorney, or possibly recommend someone? I'm located in Colorado...Thanks in advance!!

Noelle,

I would call your local Bar Assoc. Attys that know the business are enthuastic, so don't settle for one that can "just do the job". Also, check with your local Realtor assoc for a referral.

I also know the Colorado Bar has a very good website that lists specialties - call them or e/m them.

GET AN ATTY BEFORE YOU EVEN LEAVE HOME!!!

And while a real estate attorney might be the appropriate person, there are also construction attorneys who might be more savvy about limitations and realistic expectations. There's an attorney in my town who's BOCA certified and who knows the IRC and ICC as well as anyone. 'Course he's the last guy in the world you wanna see sitting across the table from you representing a disgruntled client.